CMD Outsourcing Solutions has the expertise, technology and resources to connect with a higher volume of patients more efficiently. Then we reach out and call. Here’s how it works:
- Your patients and guarantors receive phone calls from a representative who has been professionally trained to use a patient-sensitive manner, in your name.
- CMD determines whether or not the patient/guarantor is the responsible party. We have found that 20% to 30% of all patient accounts are not actually owed by the patient/guarantor, but by a third party.
- If we determine that the patient/guarantor is the responsible party, we work to expedite payment.
- If the patient/guarantor is not the responsible party, we obtain all critical data to determine charity care eligibility or if a third party, such as workers’ compensation or missed secondary insurance, could be billed by the provider.
Our collaborative, strategic approach complements your patient liability processes with outbound calls to patients or guarantors, improving your self-pay cash flow. Because most providers are proficient in managing their patient liability revenue cycles, CMD advises clients not to outsource their entire billing cycle at a premium. Instead, we recommend adding our single efficient solution, right where you need it most – outbound calls. CMD’s call center expertise enables us to resolve accounts and facilitate payments faster, as well as identify errors and omissions earlier in the billing cycle. As a result, patient relationships improve while you resolve patient liability accounts.
When our healthcare clients need it, CMD can verify insurance, as well as provide third-party follow-up.
Why Choose CMD for Self-Pay Follow-up?
CMD provides a customized solution for the piece of the revenue cycle process that most healthcare providers are missing: the ability to place proactive phone calls to a large group of accounts with a small balance range. There are two approaches to addressing this problem, the CMD Solution and the Collection Agency Solution:
|The CMD Solution:||The Collection Agency Solution:|
|Mail patient statements and letters
|Collection agency mails statements at a high cost (contingency fee)|
|Receive and post payments
|Collection agency receives payments|
|Receive and handle inbound calls
|Collection agency handles inbound calls|
|The need to make outbound calls
Resolved by CMD
|Collection agency makes outbound calls|
|Better Results at a Lower Cost||Higher Cost – No Better Result|
Email CMD or call 888-817-7575 to reach a greater percentage of your patients and guarantors with increased efficiency and more personalized attention.
- Improve receivable management
- Increase self-pay cash flow
- Improve patient/guarantor customer satisfaction